Roy Watkins was born and raised in London, England, where he received a degree in Electronic Engineering. He has lived in the Westchester/Putnam area since moving to the United States in 1972. He started working on a part time basis with the funeral industry in 1977 leading to a full time position with Ballard-Durand in 2006. Families appreciate Roy’s courtesy and professionalism during calling hours and services.
We are here to help
Thank you for calling Ballard-Durand Funeral & Cremation Services. The following information will answer some of your immediate questions regarding what will happen when death occurs and the next steps to be taken.
If a death has occurred, please call us to set an appointment 914-949-0566.
We understand this is a difficult time for you and want you to know we will help you in the days ahead as you honor your loved one.
Ballard-Durand is a Selected Independent Funeral Home
What this means to you.
Independent funeral homes that are members of this trade association are here to help you before, during and after your time of need.
- They are invited into membership only after meeting rigorous selection criteria.
- They are carefully screened for their commitment to quality, range of consumer choices, affordability and high standards.
- They are privately owned, meaning that your needs come first.
- They view their reputation as their most valuable asset.
- They must demonstrate ongoing high standards based on feedback from the families and individuals they serve.
Trusted by Families for Generations
“It wasn’t your typical, ‘sorry for your loss’, it was personal. The job Ballard-Durand did was absolutely beautiful. I will never forget Matthew, or the team who works with him.” – Mike Bizzoco